Sunday, November 30, 2008

Just Jean

Over the weekend I watched Breathless a 1960s French new wave film directed by Jean-Luc Godard (thank you Netflix). I discovered more about the style that is synonymous with that decade. The chic daring look of Jean Seberg activated my inner 60s child and made me think two words the whole film—stunning haircut.

If you’ve seen it I’d love to know your thoughts. If you have not, two more words, rent it.


"I don't know if I'm unhappy because I'm not free, or if I'm not free because I'm unhappy" -As Patricia Franchini in Breathless

2 comments:

sonorossa said...

Gorgeous hair. Gorgeous black and white film. Sexy, sophisticated Paris. And the closing dialogue is the best. What's not love?

Have you seen Bob Le Flambeur? That's another fantastic French film from the same era.

creative cookie said...

It's going into my netflix queue tonight--thanks for the recommendation. Have you seen A Woman is A Woman [Une Femme est une Femme]? I just love french films. Fancy, fun, and free...

About Creative Cookie

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
learn more at: thecreativecookie.net.