Thursday, November 20, 2008

Closet Cuts

Nina Garcia, of Elle magazine and Project Runway authored a new book entitled The One Hundred: A Guide to the Pieces Every Stylish Woman Must Own. I ordered a copy this evening after cleaning and transitioning my closet for the fall. I bid adieu to five bags of wears and all of my wire hangers. My snug Brooklyn closet was too tiny to hold on to things that were not in moderate rotation--my edits were essential. Hopefully, I did not go overboard, according to the fashion guru. When I finish reading, I’ll be sure to share some of Nina’s tips.

Take a moment to look in your closet remove things that you no longer wear--give to a friend, donate them, or think of ways to reinvent them.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I purchased her first book! It was definitely a great read...I'll have to pick up a copy of her new book!

creative cookie said...

The book is in my hands now and I am digging the illustrations and organization--It's going to be a fun one to read.

sonorossa said...

Thanks for the book recommendation. I'll have to pick it up. My closet is an uber-intriguing of grey and black.

Great meeting you this weekend!

Sarah, of table 14 fame

creative cookie said...

If I lived on the W. Coast, I'd let you borrow mine:). Pick it up--quick fun read. Great meeting you too. Let's stay in touch.

About Creative Cookie

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
learn more at: thecreativecookie.net.