Friday, November 28, 2008

First hand, Second hand

Last week while in the Bay Area I was thrilled to learn that there were amazing botiques, thrift stores, and Goodwills to shop for vintage items. I even went to a rummage sale! With a coffee cup in hand and my sweetheart at my side, I was one happy girl.

Here are a few photos from, Berkley and The Mission District in San Francisco, my favorite places to shop:






kamau ware (c), 2008

Incase you've ever wondered the difference between antique, vintage, and retro, here’s the definition according to Wikipedia:
Clothing which was produced before the 1920s is referred to as antique clothing and clothing from the 1920s to 1980 is considered vintage. Retro, short for retrospective, usually refers to clothing that dates from the period 1965 to 1985. Clothing produced more recently is usually called modern or contemporary fashion.
More about happy times and California inspirations to come…

4 comments:

Vivien said...

Oh, I miss it so much! Thanks for posting about your shopping adventure! Love the photos.

creative cookie said...

Thanks! It was so much fun--I now understand the allure of Cali.

pgh_muse said...

Your Blog is Beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration.

creative cookie said...

You are so welcome; thanks for dropping me a note!

About Creative Cookie

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
learn more at: thecreativecookie.net.