Friday, April 3, 2009

exactly as i am

Shaun Robinson, entertainment reporter for Access Hollywood, released a new book on Girls and Self-Esteem entitled Exactly As I Am: Celebrated Women Share Candid Advice with Today's Girls on What It Takes to Believe in Yourself. Shaun decided to publish this book in response to hundreds of email and letters that she received from girls, across the country, who wanted to know how they could be like their favorite celeb. In the book's introduction Shaun writes:
"…the cultural obsession with celebrity is not new, but how it is impacting the way girls and women feel about themselves has become a passionate concern of mine—so much so that over the past few years I began organizing informal task-force groups of girls and young women from around the country to talk directly about their issues of self-esteem."
Rich with collective wisdom, from numerous notable women, this book is perfect for girls and women looking to realize their full potential by accepting themselves and appreciating the unique talents and gifts that they possess.

I'll write more after I finish my copy. In the meantime, check out these photos from a special celebration, of Exactly As I Am, earlier this week:

Shaun and me; us women from Michigan are sooooo great!
© kamau ware, 2009

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I must say, you inspired me to purchase this book. Perfect timing because I was trying to find Kammi a book to read for the month...Thanks!

About Creative Cookie

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
learn more at: thecreativecookie.net.