Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What's Going On

Over the weekend I joined the delightful Kimberly Wilson and a dozen like-minded women at the Hip Tranquil Chick retreat in Ancramdale, New York. We spent our time together creative visioning, journal writing, meditating, and practicing yoga. This was my second year attending and I was able to observe my growth, as a yogi and a creative, from one year to the next. Several “ah ha” moments surfaced during my stay. Here are a few:
  • being perfect is boring
  • micro-movements are better than no movement at all
  • recognize my talents and delegate the rest
  • vinyasa yoga to Marvin Gaye is so amazing
floral wallpaper in bedroom

my bed and the magazine that i love

yoga prep

wandering around the retreat center

more signs of spring

"uniquely me" during silent breakfast

kimberly wilson

cute quilt

development of new collage (I'll post soon)

©Lesley Williams, 2009

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Hi Leslie!!! I am so sad that I missed the retreat!!! I was stuck home in bed with an awful sinus infection :-( It sounds like it was amazing....love your pics, can't wait to see the new collage!

kimberly wilson said...

lesley,

how delightful to have you join us 2 years in a row. AND what progress you've made since setting last year's vision. *so* proud of you and honored to know your creative spirit. xo

Anonymous said...

Great post and photos!!! It was a pleasure to meet you and we have to connect again on the art stuff. I plan on coming to NY in May, I will keep you posted!

Keep creating!

creative cookie said...

Thanks for all of these fab comments ladies!

@ Mindy--I hope you are feeling better; we missed you. Let's plan a trip to DC:).

@ Kimberly--thanks for being a source of creative inspiration for me. I've learned so much from listening to the podcast and reading HTC!

@ Art Visions--it was great meeting you as well! I can't wait to connect on the creative fronts that we discussed...to be continued!

Jamila Tazewell said...

Wow this looks like so much fun! I'm glad to know about this, it sounds right up my ally!

About Creative Cookie

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
learn more at: thecreativecookie.net.