Sunday, March 8, 2009

To and Fro

This post was inspired a dear friend's Facebook profile image that proudly boast "If you can rock the afro rock the afro". I've been collecting images of people with naturals, as I've been growing my own, for a few years. As a product of the 70s I carry a sentimental longing for the fashion fads, catch phrases, movie motifs, and hairstyles paired with that decade.

Here are a few of my fro favs.

An image from JANE back in the day before they folded

Trading cards from Frenchpaper.com

The glam Face Book profile pic that inspired this post; source unknow

2 comments:

Chris said...

This isn't complete without a picture of Angela Davis...she had an amazing Afro...

Anonymous said...

As a product of the 70s myself, I also appreciate a good 'fro...I just have a problem with achieving the height!!

About Creative Cookie

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
learn more at: thecreativecookie.net.