Sunday, January 11, 2009

It's All About Joy

I love my kichy little neighborhood yoga studio. Yesterday was the beginning of a 6-week series called, Grounding Joy in Stressful Times. The class incorporates meditation and a delightful mix of Kundalini, Hatha and Naam Yoga. As all yogis know, the real practice happens off the mat. So, I am sharing the 28-day “homework assignment” given by my instructor with you.

Daily:
  1. List 3 things you are grateful for.
  2. Take a few minutes to reflect on your answers to the following questions and write it down:“What one thing could I do today, no matter how small, that would increase my joy?
  3. Once a week, do the following 15-minute visioning exercise: Move into a good feeling place and write at the top of your paper: “The is my ideal, joy-filled life.”
Pretend a miracle occurred and your ideal, joy-filled life manifested right now before your eyes. Write down every glorious detail of what this life looks like at the highest level, concentrating on the feeling. You have only 15 minutes, so keep your vision big. How is your health? Your relationships? Your home? Your career? List ideas as they stream through your mind. Let your deepest hopes and desires come forth and dream BIG! Act as if this is really happening now, and feel the joy and excitement inside you as write.
-From, “The Joy Study” by Jackie Kelm

I plan to post my responses daily to question number 1; follow me on Twitter to see what brings me joy!

2 comments:

Vivien said...

Such great ideas! Seeing posts like these bring me joy! =) thanks so much!

creative cookie said...

you're welcome!
tweet:).

About Creative Cookie

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
learn more at: thecreativecookie.net.