Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Book Review: Jim Henson's Doodle Dreams

Inspired by the picture from my youth in 80s Recollection, I decided to continue to reach back and reflect on other stuff from my childhood--meals, fashion, and TV shows. This process led me to a charming book, entitled Jim Henson’s Doodle Dreams: Inspiration for Living Life Outside of the Lines. The book features text by Jim Lewis and the art of Jim Henson, the creative genius behind numerous things colorful and furry, like the Muppets and Sesame Street. I recommend this little book for anyone, of any age, who is ready to be inspired and sparkle with glee into the New Year!


A few quotes from the book that I love:
Creativity. Taking something enormously strange and somehow making it strangely familiar.
Being afraid isn’t always a bad thing. Sometimes you need that trembling feeling to remind you how exciting it is to be doing something new.
If you worry too much about the way things are supposed to be, you’re a lot more likely to end up following the crowd.
A sense of wonder is the most incredible gift you can share.
Happy Holidays.

No comments:

About Creative Cookie

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
learn more at: thecreativecookie.net.