Thursday, September 4, 2008

Mixing the Old with the New

If I would have known that living a creative life simply meant changing only the way that I look at the world, I would have done things differently a long time ago. I wonder if being a late bloomer to this simple wisdom is for better or for worse? Being the optimist that I am, I have to say for the better. My logic is this: since I went longer than most artists, knowing this truth, and saw things as I thought they were I likely missed some wonderment and inspiration along the way. I think this gives me a broader range of being able to appreciate objects, both, for what they are and what they can be. I am now better at seeing new uses for old things.

If you are looking for inspiration, sit and think of new ways to see some of the older things that surround you. You’ll be surprised at what you come up with.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I love the blog. I will check in with you. I will also try to look at old things in a new way!

creative cookie said...

Thanks! Please share your new use for something old! I'd love to see what you come up with.

About Creative Cookie

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
learn more at: thecreativecookie.net.