Monday, January 5, 2009

Framed

During my holiday vacation I watched Delicatessen while enjoying a scrumptious vegetarian meal. The film, directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet and Marc Caro, is a surrealist French comedy about the landlord of an apartment building who creates cannibalistic meals for his kooky tenants.

Almost immediately I was struck by the exquisite art direction, each frame was sublime. As a person who likes glasses, I could not help but notice the “frames” worn by a few of the cast members. Check them out:


Kamau Ware, © 2008

As always, if you’ve seen it (which many folks have) I’d love to know your thoughts. If you have not, rent it. What you eat and drink while watching is optional.


2 comments:

Vivien said...

Those clear frames look like the ones Laurel has! Funky funky chunky monkey!

creative cookie said...

Yes Viv, they do look like Laurel's:)...but the actress needs is the crazy long lashes to go with the frames!

About Creative Cookie

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
learn more at: thecreativecookie.net.