Thursday, August 28, 2008

Infamous Question

Are you an artist?” is a question that I’ve been asked by some, but responded “no” to until recently. A group of us were preparing to walk to a concert in a nearby park, and a friend of a friend turned to me and asked that infamous question and I said, “yes I am”. For years I’ve responded with an array of hesitant statements that ranged from “I like to play in clay” to “I am an artist supporter and I like design” to just plain “no”. That August afternoon, I was able to respond in an affirmative way because I've started being intentional about developing my talent to live a life that's more creative.

I’d like to use the Creative Cookie blog to explore deeper questions, such as “what does creativity feel like”, to make a space for other unsure artists to emerge. This blog also will serve as a diary of my creative journey. So, you’ll get a glimpse of my artistic process and the adventures that I encounter along the way.

From one Creative Cookie to another, WELCOME!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’ve always known that your an artist, that is one of the first things that drew me to you. I think that biggest your asset is that you have a creative "spirit” that allows you to be artistic in many fields. I’m glad you finally realized and accepted what most people already knew…

Jason

creative cookie said...

Thanks, Jason! I appreciate it and am glad to have accepted it too.

Tameka said...

Hey b-day twin! Just looking at you, one can tell that you are ART incarnate. Therefore you are an artist. Own it mama!

Tameka said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
creative cookie said...

Thanks for the positive confirmation! I own it.

About Creative Cookie

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
learn more at: thecreativecookie.net.