Monday, October 27, 2008

Is it time?

While at an art gallery exhibit closing an acquaintance asked me, "what’s the hardest challenge that artist face today?”. I gave a C+ response and then moved on to the next topic. When I had a moment to discuss this question again, it dawned on me that the most difficult challenge facing me--is finding the time to create. This was a truth that I could testify to as I recapped the week that had just whirled by. It was chock full of goodness but left me no time to explore my new worlds of being a designer, an intern, or a blogger.

Your thoughts about this question will vary depending on several things i.e. if you are a working artist or an artist working a 9 to 5. None the less I am curious to know, what IS the hardest challenge that artist face today?

Tell me. Is it time?

3 comments:

kamauware said...

Time indeed. Well said.

Holmz said...

agreed!! Time. Hands down the biggest challenge any artist faces.

creative cookie said...

Yes, I totally think the the answer is time. Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how to manage time in a way that allows you to have more time to be creative. I've been asking people and plan to do a future blog with their recommendations:).

About Creative Cookie

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
learn more at: thecreativecookie.net.